WaKan Project Website Forum Index WaKan Project Website
Forums about WaKan and Japanese & Chinese language

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

excellent study tool -- thank you, z-one!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaKan Project Website Forum Index -> General info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DokEnkephalin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: excellent study tool -- thank you, z-one! Reply with quote

I've been using zkanji since .15, but without help files, I didn't figure out about the study tests until I happened to browse the information page on the website.

Since then, I'm amazed every day by the progress I've been making. I couldn't even keep jouyou 1 in memory, no matter how much I wrote the kanji out, now I'm picking up a good familiarity at a good pace. I had vocab lists I couldn't remember for longer than the lesson I used them in, I had words and expressions I looked up that I could never recall, and if I let zkanji pick the word set each round, I get those filtered into the list I'm concentrating on, and gradually learn them before I even turn attention to the lists they're in.

The changelog states that file formats are expected to change; does this mean that current vocab data won't be usable/importable into a later version? If it's going to remain stable, I'd like to start making lists for JLPT, but I don't want to have to do that twice.

And can I suggest as a temporary 'Help' menu item, a link back to the information page? That could be helpful to people who haven't figured it out or browsed across it by now.

EDIT: I apologize, I just realized this board is more for general learning. If this message could be moved to a more appropriate forum, I would appreciate it.
z-one

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DokEnkephalin,

Yes, this does not seem to be the right board (I don't want to hijack the wakan forums Smile ), but you can always write to my e-mail address that you can find on the zkanji website. I'll gladly answer your questions!

BTW I too have many words in groups that I don't want to lose so don't worry about format changes. Actually they changed some between versions many times but I made zkanji to automatically update the files!
Rapaport09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

English has become an important part of any examination. It is also a part of LSAT Prep Courses and essay writing is the part where students face problem. Therefore, such information is very much needed so that students can improve on their vocab and English easily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaKan Project Website Forum Index -> General info All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: