WaKan Project Website Forum Index WaKan Project Website
Forums about WaKan and Japanese & Chinese language

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Showing Chinese character in other software in Windows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaKan Project Website Forum Index -> Chinese language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Showing Chinese character in other software in Windows. Reply with quote

Hello,

I have offtopic question to Wakan, but is related to chinese characters.

I am not able see chinese characters in programs like Miranda (different ICQ) and Dc++ and Emule (edonkey network)
I am able to see them in official ICQ. But ICQ is very huge, have big
screen and has other not useful features.

I ve installed chinese versions of Dc++ and no help.
and I installed chinese language pack to Miranda and no help too.

In other programs are chinese characters shown correctly (if i swich chinese encoding)
If anyone know how to switch to chinese enconding to programs mentioned before. I ll be glad.

thank for reply.

Jirka

P.S. if is it this subject too offtopic, I apologize myself.
tomasu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: showing chinese characters in other windows softwares Reply with quote

well i think if you use Windows, you can install the IME software. which then you can use both Simplified and Traditional chinese IME ( input method emulation I think). anyway, it is very simple.

try this:

Start
Settings
Control Panel
Regional and Language Settings
Add languages

and then just follow the instructions from there.

p.s. assuming that you are using Windows 2000, XP .

tomasu
ndt44
Co-Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try setting the default non-Unicode font for your system to Chinese - in Win2000 you click:

* Start >

* Control Panel >

* Regional Options >

* (Under General Tab - 'Language Settings for System') click 'Set Default' >

* Choose 'Chinese' from the drop-down menu (Simplified or Traditional - you'll have to experiment)

Windows may ask for the Windows install disk, or may tell you that you already have the required font on the system. Insert the Windows CD if necessary, then reboot when prompted.

This should enable you to use Chinese fonts in any Windows application that requires them, not just your email client or web browser. I've done this for my Japanese settings, and it works very well.

For WinXP, the process is very similar, but I can't remember the exact steps I followed on my home PC (I'm at work now)...

Good luck!
- Nigel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaKan Project Website Forum Index -> Chinese language All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: